I recently acquired a vacuum pump and bags that preserve food, but also help add flavor to food. Me being a steak guy, I had to see how a steak would turn out sealed with all the standard seasonings I add to my steak. Thyme, butter, salt & pepper, olive oil, and garlic all sealed and marinating for one day. The cook on the beef will be the same, a cast-iron sear for about 4-5 minutes on each side at high heat.
- Zwilling Vacuum Pump
- Zwilling Vacuum bag
- Two Ny Strip Steak 1.5lb
- Butter 4tbsp
- 3 Garlic cloves smashed
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Thyme Springs
- Salt&Pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients in your vacuum bag making sure most of the dry and wet ingredients are on the steak and away from the sealing tab on the bag
- Once all ingredients are together, seal your bag at the top, and follow the instructions on how to seal your bag and pack in the flavor.
- Once the air was removed, leave the bag in the fridge for at least twenty-four hours.
- Take steaks out of the fridge and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Grab a cast iron skillet, and preheat to a high heat.
- Once heated add a small amount of olive oil to coat the pan.
- Take your steaks out of the bag and immediately add them to your skillet, moving the dry ingredients over to the side of the pan.
- Cook strips for two and a half minutes on each side, flipping twice for a medium rare cook, making sure to also sear the fat for two minutes with tongs.
- Once your steak is completely seared and has a quick bounce back when touched its ready to be taken out.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes before cutting, to allow the steak to reabsorb all of that incredible flavor.
- Slice your steak and enjoy !
Don’t forget to check out our other recipes below, and check back here every Tuesday for new recipes!
- What Happened To the Monster Energy: Moscow Mule?
- Energy Drink Review: G.O.A.T. Fuel
- Restaurant Review: Schmidt’s Sausage Haus
- GarwoodGrub Top 4 Kitchen-Aid Attachments Found on Amazon!
- Restaurant Review- Buddy’s Pizza: The Original Detroit Style Pizza
Follow Us On Instagram!