I used to remember the days when I would add regular 2% milk to my coffee or baking cookies and adding regular milk that muggles (Harry Potter reference sorry) drink without thinking of the possibilities of flavored milk. Imagine making your favorite iced coffee drink and adding a splash of Fruity Pebble cereal milk, or making corn cookies and adding Honey Bunches of Oats milk to the mixing bowl. It seems so simple, and it is with a little prep work and some imagination. There is no limit to the type of cereal milk you can create or the applications you can use this recipe in.
Fruity Pebble Cereal Milk
- 4 Cups Fruity Pebble Cereal
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 5 Cups 2% Milk (Oat, Almond & Whole Milk are great substitutes)
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees
- Spread your cereal evenly on a foil lined baking tray to ensure an even bake on all cereal pieces
- Bake cereal until it darkens in color and becomes more fragrant 5-10 Minutes taking care not to burn
- Remove cereal from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes
- Pour 5 cups of milk into a large bowl. Add your salt, and honey to the bowl and mix.
- Add in your baked cereal and stir well. Cover your bowl and leave in the fridge for 10 minutes, (It’s important to cover the bowl)
- After 10 Minutes remove the foil, grab a clean large bowl, and grab a fine strainer .
- Pour your cereal milk through the strainer pressing soaked cereal down to release milk.
- Pour your cereal milk into a pitcher or cool container like me and enjoy!
Cereal milk can be enjoyed in so many ways. Add it to an iced coffee drink, add it to your favorite ice cream for a cereal milk milkshake, or enjoy it right out of your favorite glass. Use this recipe with any of your favorite cereals, but be careful with some that have a sugary coating burning in the oven. Let me know if you want to see my favorite recipes for cereal milk milkshakes and iced coffee drinks!
Follow Us On Social