Most of us have butter in our fridge or on a plate in the kitchen for easier spreading. I used to only use my butter for spreading on bagels, baking, top steaks, or adding it to a pan to make sure my omelet doesn’t stick to the pan. Recently I have been using my butter in many different ways to add more flavor to my food and desserts.
Butter is one of those universal ingredients that can be both sweet or savory. It’s so simple to make flavored butter because all you need is your favorite butter and any of your favorite ingredients. Love a little garlic on your toast, just mince two cloves of garlic and mix until combined with a few tablespoons of butter. When I want to add Latin flair to my butter, I finely chop jalapeño peppers and cilantro to sit in rolled butter overnight. If you have a sweet tooth, grab some brown sugar and chocolates to spread sweet butter over waffles or scones.
The butter I make every year is parsley and garlic butter that I stuff under the skin of my turkey for thanksgiving. It’s universal and adds a wonderful flavor to the turkey while keeping it incredibly moist. The recipe is simple and can be made in advance of any dinner parties, or treated like regular butter, used whenever you have the craving for a warm piece of bread. I find this recipe works best with butter substitutes like I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter.
Homemade Garlic Parsley Butter
- 1.5 Sticks of Butter Unsalted (Your favorite brand)
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- Salt to taste
- Finley chop your parsley. I find it easiest to roll the parsley like a cigar and carefully chop parsley into fine pieces.
- Mince your garlic with a garlic press or fine grater. You can also choose to chop the garlic by hand if you feel comfortable
- Fold your ingredients into the butter using a pastry spatula until well combined
- Shape your butter into a log by rolling in clear film or tin foil (If your butter is to loose to work with, place in fridge for and hour and then repeat step 4)
One your butter hardens you can slice small medallions to serve with pastry and meats at your next dinner gathering, enjoy!
Follow us on social!